Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bugs and more






I love butterflies! I really do, they are graceful and beautiful. I love to take pictures of them and I have lots of them (they are great subjects for practicing with your camera too). Now here comes my DD (the middle one) and calls them bugs with wings. Total disdain and repulsion in her voice. How can this be? Where did we go wrong? She is definitely not a nature child. Anyway, I created this page for the challenge at the Spraground. We had to use this template by Sev. I really like it, it's different. Plus I was able to use papers from TempusFugit (Doris is her name, look at my sidebar). She has some pretty stuff in her collection of freebies. I actually blended a couple of her papers together for a lighter look. Fun!


You can find the credits here



Then yesterday morning there was this Designer Digital challenge on at 11AM. It's a short chat with a challenge to create a LO in 30 minutes. 30 minutes!!! It takes me that long just to find the right papers. Plus there were requirements. We had to use the window, 3 papers, stitching and 2 subjects and no title. This is what I came up with. Kind of crazy but it's okay for half an hour. Some people came up with some real beauties. Boy, I have a lot to learn!


Anyway, here are the credits for this one







Last but not least I did this one last night for the Saturday scraplift challenge (can you tell I like challenges?) I continued with the bike theme. My middle DD just learned how to ride a bike, it didn't take her long at all. She was so proud of herself and loves it (plus it's good for her) The bike she is riding is brand spanking new (she didn't even take the booklet off yet) and is part of her birthday presents. We had her party yesterday, but her birthday is tomorrow. Don't know why I am even saying that. Anyway, this LO continues with the biking stuff. I thought it was kind of fun with the bright colors, but in a week I probably won't like it anymore, LOL. And, of course, here are the credits.

I was so glad it was nice and sunny yesterday. We had a pool party for DD and those are so easy. Everything is outside, you don't get a big mess. You don't have to worry about playing games, just dump them in the pool and let them go at it! Perfect!

Maybe today we will be able to go golfing for a while. Hubby really wants to go. Me, I can take it or leave it. There are other things I'd rather do, but he needs some fun too. Okay, maybe I'll have more later. I have to look at Vinnie's latest freebies and do something with them, they are so pretty!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

You are so prolific, Anke! I really like each of these layouts. I'm a butterfly fan, too, so I don't understand how someone could think they are bugs with wings.

Thanks for sharing! I need to get faster at completing layouts myself. Ü

Carol said...

Your layouts are great, and there is no way I could complete a layout in 30 minutes (I am the one also still choosing the papers). I especially love the third layout.
I love butterflies but am generally not a nature person. I think butterflies are nicer than bugs lol.
Wish your DD a happy birthday from me. How old is she?

Never say Never!

Well, here I am creating my very own blog! I was always very sure I would never get into this blogging "thing", but here I am. I hope you will enjoy finding out a little about my not so interesting life!