Thursday, April 15, 2010

Art Journaling

Did you ever try it? I have seen people do it in the past and always thought that it looked really creative, but I am not one to smear paint and gesso all over the place, I can't even glue a picture on straight. Now I am taking this class by Pattie Knox over at debbiehodge.com, teaching me all those techniques in the digi world, and I am loving what I am learning. Actually there is a lot that I can use all the time, masking, some stuff I have never heard of, like threshold.... amazing lessons. The first thing I did was my cover page, not very exciting to look at, but the techniques were really cool and I had to figure out the basics :)

I did a lot of different blending modes and got these colors which I really like. Then lesson two talks about making a silhouette and creating tissue paper and making a collage with it. Just making the paper alone was awesome...


Geez I think I must really like these oranges and red and yellows :) I wanted to make a page about a house being a home when it's filled with love....
I downloaded lesson three and it sounds so awesome, it's just a question of finding the time to work on a page with it. I am giddy with excitement (doesn't take much for me obviously)

Yesterday I met my GFs for lunch, it was great! We don't see each other often enough and when we do it's always way too short...
In the morning I found out from our accountant that we needed to vest another employee and the stuff had to be overnighted by yesterday. Talk about a stressful morning, getting the paper for her to open an account, figure out what had to be done, get the checks and papers, write a letter of distribution and get it all out. I could have strangled him. Not only that but the only reason he figured out that we had to do this is because I mentioned it! Argh!
Today is parent lunch at school and Gabrielle really wanted me to come, so I will head over there. It's not like I am not there at lunch often enough, since I volunteer every other Monday, but that's okay. Of course I am going to have to pick up a salad for her, because a sandwich from home wasn't good enough :) Let the other two dummies make do with a ham sandwich, not Gabby! But I am happy to indulge, I'll pick one up for myself too, I could not bring myself to eat the ravioli they had scheduled as the meal of choice. Yuck! It sounds like Chef Boyardee! (sp?)

Yesterday morning we had a little fog and when I looked out my kitchen window I could see the dew on some cobwebs. Ever the diligent photographer I took Gabby's old school shoes and climbed up the wall steps in the cool morning to get a closer look. Here is one of the pics :)


Isn't it cool? Amazing what you can see if you just get close enough!
Which reminds me, I have to print out pictures I took of Gabrielle's science project, killing a bunch of eggs in the process. That stuff has to be in tomorrow, so I better get busy with it. I still have to edit those, so I'll show them later
Here is one more blooming pic

Now I really have to run, gotta get those salads :)
I'll catch you later, have a great day and God bless!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lunch was to short hopefully we will get together more often i do miss time with you! cant wait till the play!! all three that will be awesome!! so glad gab called and told me her great news so proud of her still remember the little one who couldnt lift her head they all grow up so fast enjoy each and every day !! i could just cry!! well i am actually!! give everyone a hug God Bless

Barb said...

Don't you just love those hurry up things that really didn't have to be a hurry up thing?? Argh is right!!! But gotta love them. They count on us, right??

Love your art journaling. It looks awesome. Wish I had signed up but couldn't account for the money this time around. Maybe next time! You are doing a great job.

Jeanne said...

I'm so glad you are taking classes and learning so many fun new things! This looks like something right up your alley! These look awesome!

How sweet you are not only to have lunch with your daughter, but to pick up a salad for her as well!

Sorry you had to do that last minute stuff. Aggravating for sure.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Never say Never!

Well, here I am creating my very own blog! I was always very sure I would never get into this blogging "thing", but here I am. I hope you will enjoy finding out a little about my not so interesting life!