Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

And why am I sitting here writing on my blog when I should be stuffing the turkey? Oh well, you know how important you are to me LOL.
Well, we have used the studio a few times now and it's a load of fun! It takes some getting used to. The first time I forgot to take my ISO off auto and of course it went up to 6400 and I had a bunch of noise in my photos. Nothing that couldn't get fixed, but how can you be so stupid.... I never used auto ISO before, that's probably why I totally forgot I had it on. Hopefully that will never happen again! Do you want to see some shots?








We did these last night, just playing with light and stuff. She didn't even change her outfit and put a blanket over herself. Lots of preparations, huh?

Little Miss TG got herself into the scene the other day. She was just sitting there under the tree, perfectly content, so I just had to get that shot!


these next shots are from the day with the high ISO. I fixed them up, but I wouldn't blow them up for wall portraits, that's for sure. I had fun playing with different actions though...






I think it's time to change the background for the next set, I am getting tired of the dark..

Well, I went wild with my 365 pages, I am all caught up with October, isn't it great?




and the rest....



See that cat? She had to climb the ladder too, she is too funny! then she must have moved while I was taking the shot, because her image is kind of ghostly, transparent if you look close. 

Now if I could just get the kids to get some decent clothes on and pose them, so I can get a Christmas Card done, that would be really cool...We did a couple on that first day, but I really didn't like what I got, so we need to do a retake. You would think I was asking them to chop off their fingers for the trouble they are giving me about this... If everything else fails, the cat will be it!

It's pouring down rain out there, yuck! No outside shots today, that's for sure! My GF's son and DIL are coming in next weekend and I will get to take newborn pictures, I can't wait!!!!! I have some ideas already. I was lying in bed last night and all I could think about was how to pose the baby. Plus a couple asked me to take their engagement photos and I was going over poses in my head for those too. Oh my, I am turning into a lunatic! Can you tell I am loving this? :)

Well, gotta go, that turkey is waiting for me in the sink, hubby is on call today, he just left and I told him we would have our meal between lunch and dinner, so not to eat anything at the hospital. I got my cranberry relish done the other day, so things shouldn't be too bad. Oh yeah, I forgot, I had offered my neighbor to take something like a generation shot of her, her daughter, granddaughter and great-granddaughters. That would be so cool. I just have to make sure I can fit them all in front of my white backdrop LOL. 

Okay, off to get that turkey in the oven, I hope you all will have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends and lots of things to be thankful for!




3 comments:

Barb said...

LOL You are blogging because you love us and you are so excited about your life right now!!! Isn't it exhilarating to be on a new adventure that has been a dream? I am so thrilled for you!!! And you know it is what you are supposed to be doing when that is all you can think about!! Remember when you fell in love with your darling husband? All you could think about...right?

Your talent is amazing!! I always have to buzz through all the pictures because I can't wait to see the next one. Then I can go back and really enjoy!!

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

one of the best pic of mike ever!! He has a sweet smile and such a looker!!! The girls look like super models!! what the heck !! next weekend you better bring the magic!! Happy thanksgiving you are on the things i am grateful to God for. thanks for being such an awesome friend Jo

Jeanne said...

I am so thrilled for you Anke at all these good things coming your way! Your photos are awesome! Too bad we don't live closer, I'd have you do our girls' pictures!! I love the excitement that comes through in your posts.

Hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving and a wonderful holiday season.

Never say Never!

Well, here I am creating my very own blog! I was always very sure I would never get into this blogging "thing", but here I am. I hope you will enjoy finding out a little about my not so interesting life!