Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Crazy busy week

Trying to get some stuff done I can't really talk about yet, but it's taking a lot of my time right now :) It's a labor of love though!

Did I talk about going professional yet? I just purchased my domain name, but of course I don't have my website set up yet. I ordered a bunch of stuff for my studio, several papers for backdrops, a stand, some lights and softboxes, it's really exciting! I can't wait for it to get here so I can set it up and try it out! I moved the birds out of the room I am going to use, now for the clean up and rearranging. I want to paint the walls too, the room was originally for the girls, so the walls were like lilac (and they turned out to not be girly girls anyway :)) I am reading as much as time permits, to learn about lighting etc. It will be interesting, I already have some ideas for posing and stuff. Today I am planning to get the paint and look for some props, I am not getting a lot or spending a fortune, I did enough of that already. I never ever thought I would do this, I still can't believe it. Keep your fingers crossed for me please. I have some volunteers lined up for modeling, so I have stuff to put in my galleries.

This Sunday we are testing for 3rd degree Black Belt, I try not to think about it too much, I don't want to get nervous, I hate when that happens. At least we don't have to be there until 11 AM, so we can leave here at a decent time.
Yesterday I finally brought in the last of my houseplants, good thing too, we had some nice frost these last couple of days. Now my sunroom looks like a greenhouse again and the birds are right in the middle of it all! They should love that I would think. The weather is still gorgeous, albeit very cold. It's supposed to rain tonight I think. Hubby and I are walking 1/2 hour every day, very fast, so we wind up sweating. It's good for both of us. He used to run but his knees are bothering him, so we decided this would be better. It's always good to have a partner, you can push each other.

I didn't get too many pages done, but here are a few...

I love this shot of Gabby taken at the local Highschool. I took it during Katie's photoshoot

back to Gabby's birthday in September, I simply cannot scrap in order, that would drive me crazy :)


Another one of Gabrielle, I adore this photo. This is the page that was spotlighted at CK Magazine on their blog (did you see my new blinkie? :))

.

Gabby's new friend who lives really close to us. They seem to get along very well, which makes me happy. She is a sweet little thing, really funny and happy!


Two more weeks under my belt....



I took some pictures of Michael the other day, it was already getting darker out there. I had a heck of a time with him, but I think we got a few that work... I did promise him he wouldn't have to smile, hence the grim look most of the time :) I did get him to laugh a little toward the end...


same shot, but I added an overlay and played with blending







 He thought he looked like one of his TV characters, can't remember which one, but that must be the pose that person uses a lot.....



It really should be Rachel's time next. It's just so hard to get them in the afternoon, life is always so crazy.. then she tells me her hair is a mess etc.

Anybody want some nice shots for Christmas as a model let me know. No sitting fees and I can get you professional prints if you like (or you could just model for my website without prints too) Call me if you do...

All right people, this is just a short update, I can't wait to tell you more about my new studio...


2 comments:

Barb said...

You are still one busy lady, Anke!! Can't wait to see what you are up to!!

Glad you are getting started on your career!! You will be great!! Little by little. You will get there!!

Great LO's Left warm fuzzies on DD!

Monique1971 said...

Wow Anke, you are going professional. That is so cool. I think you will be great, you are a very talented lady. Good luck and lots of fun!!
Monique

Never say Never!

Well, here I am creating my very own blog! I was always very sure I would never get into this blogging "thing", but here I am. I hope you will enjoy finding out a little about my not so interesting life!