Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Duh

Do you ever have one of those moments? I had one recently. I have been doing pretty well creating shadows and such, bending them thanks to Cassie Jones' tutorial. Anyway the part that escaped me was how to make the shadow softer, mine always looked harsh and hard, not real. Then somebody mentioned a Taylormade tutorial and she was precisely talking about that, namely to use the Gaussian Blur to soften the shadow. Here is the big moment when the hand slaps the forehead. I knew this! Have known this! How could I have forgotten? I tell you one thing, I will never forget again, LOL. It opened a new dimension for me, it made me so happy! I have been using it left and right, I love shadows. It just adds so much to all the elements. Here is one of my latest pages where I used a lot of shadow work. Well, actually not really that much, just the large shadow on the ground, but to be able to create that was such fun!!!! I really had a ball with this page, making it into an urban setting which looks nothing like the place we live at. Great fun. Here are the credits for this one

Rachel-First-Bike Beauty (2) The next one I created for Vinnie's site, I kind of liked the look of it, all monochromatic. Plus I really liked the pictures of Gabrielle. Here are the credits for it. I think I will just show you the pages I did, there were quite a few these last few days. It will take forever if I talk about each one of them.

Cheer Summer-Beauty   First-Bloom Birthday-Girl Live-for Josie Life-is-a-picture EnjoyLife Create-a-book-VA,-page-11 Create-a-book-VA,-page-12 Loved Love-(quickpage)

Geez, I didn't realize I made this many pages in just a few days, no wonder I feel stressed, LOL. I am becoming a maniac! All the credits for all the pages can be found here. That's my gallery and all the LOs are listed there. My Virginia book is coming together nicely. I will probably have to add more pages, I have more pics than I thought.

It has been so beautiful here, gorgeous sunshine and warm days. I took the kids to a nearby creek on Sunday. The City just finished this kayaking project, where they placed large boulders in and around the river to make it into a whitewater river. It was really quite pretty there. The dog stepped into a lot of mud and had to be washed off. Michael was bouncing from rock to rock and had a ball and I was able to take a bunch of pictures. There were a couple of guys practicing there roll overs in the water. That was fun to watch. I'll probably make some pages about the whole thing soon.

Okay, hubby is calling for our nightly movie. Have a great evening everybody!

10 comments:

Carol said...

Wow you have been very busy! They are all wonderful pages and I may have to scraplift a few lol.

A bit confused with the shadow. Did you put that there? Was there no shadow on the ground before hand? It looks great.

Jeanne said...

You are pretty funny! I sort of remember reading that bit about the Gaussian blur, but would never remember to actually do it!

I am amazed at how many layouts you've been getting done! You are a digi wonder woman!!

Keep 'em coming!

Terry said...

Wow! You have been a busy girl! Love your LO's! Thanks for the link for the tutorial. Will have to check it out.

Joanie said...

Look at you go!! Only 14 pages... you slacker! How do you get so much done? I am amazed!!

I am so glad you addressed the shadows and gave links for tutorials. I've wondered how that was done and wanted to try it in my free time ;)

You've done a great job!

Hugs~ Joanie

jeanne said...

wowsers! Wonderful layouts. Love them all. Can't wait to see the creek shots.

Heather said...

I learned shadowing through Cassie too. :)

Keep up the creative flow!

Dawn said...

WOW!!!!!You go girl!! BEAUTIFUL...all of them...i learned shadows thru cassie but need to use it more...you've inspired me to!!
dewnie

Unknown said...

I love love love all your beautiful LOs Anke! You have a wonderful style and each one is a work of art! I will check out that tutorial too!

Angela2932 said...

Holy Moly, you are an inspiration! I'm impressed with all the digiscrapping you've been doing! I'm hoping to pull a bunch of my posts off my blog and use them for digi-pages, but I seriously doubt they'll be the works of art you've "outpoured!" Were you in the Layout A day challenge at Big Picture Scrapbooking in January? I thought THAT was hard, but I think you outdid it. . . with a layout an hour! At Scrapfest this year, we were asked if people would accept a challenge of scrapping non-stop (paper) for 3 days, with only 3 hours of sleep a night, for $10, and of course we all raised our hands, but you'd WIN!

Unknown said...

Anke, these LOs are absolutely amazing. Man, you are good!

Never say Never!

Well, here I am creating my very own blog! I was always very sure I would never get into this blogging "thing", but here I am. I hope you will enjoy finding out a little about my not so interesting life!