Saturday, June 18, 2011

Zumba

That's right! Our new adventure is called Zumba! A friend of mine is teaching it and she is just wonderful. We went to the first class and I felt like a complete Klutz. I had no idea what she was doing with her feet or with her arms. The second class was a little easier, thank goodness. I am actually looking forward to Sunday. I made it to Karate twice last week, so that wasn't too bad. Today we went to the gym and I ran 2 miles in 22 minutes, yay! Rachel is really determined. She started on a diet, well more like watching what she eats and she exercises with Phil all the time. Good for her, I am so proud of her. I think she saw some examples of what she does not want to look like, so she decided to do something about it!

Our pool is finally getting heated, Ralph and his buddy fixed the heater. In a few days it should be warm enough for me to go in it. You can't get me in there unless it's warm! They are still working on the deck off and on. It's partially stained but the forecast always calls for possible showers so that is a perfect excuse for them to put off any further efforts. Oh well, it shall get done eventually I guess. On the other hand the knocked down a tree that was dead and they dug up my vegetable beds. So now I just have to go and plant something LOL. I did buy some cheater peppers (cheater because they are a little bigger already) and cheater tomatoes. Everything is so late this year, it's hardly even worth it anymore.

Last Sunday we had brunch at a local Hotel, they have the best food! It was supposed to be the choir members from Church but I decided to take the whole bunch. I could live on the food they serve there. The decor is lovely too


We had a few chilly days this past week but today it's finally a little warmer again. I still have not been in the pool and my tan is beginning to fade.... 

Tonight we will go to the Japanese Steak House. My kids have never been to a Hibachi, so I thought it would be fun to take them. Both girls are getting together with friends this afternoon, so we will see how this is going to work out... reminder to self: don't forget camera...






I found this photo from '89 yesterday and felt compelled to scrap it. I couldn't quite remember where it was taken and Phil just happened to walk by. When I asked him where we were he answered :Tampa and we fought the whole trip. I remember that part well and it made me laugh! How miserable we used to make each other over absolutely nothing and how much better things are today! We really have grown together and grown up together, I am so happy about that! He must have felt the same way, because before walking away he planted a kiss on my head and told me he loved me. What else does a woman need LOL!

Okay, on this note I will grab something to read and join above mentioned husband outside on the patio, hoping for a little sun to peek out! Have a great Father's Day!!


5 comments:

Heather T. said...

Aww, that last bit is so sweet... =)

Barb said...

Life is all about learning to grow with each other!!! Loved your comment on that LO!

Sounds like summer is about to move in at your house. But you still sound busy. Guess that happens with kids still at home!

Enjoy your book...and most of all...time with hubby!!

Jeanne said...

Hi Anke! Sorry I've not been around lately. I've fallen off the creative bandwagon and also the blogging bandwagon. Been spending lots of time with the girls though. Not too much to blog about these days.

Anyway, I have been visiting, just not commenting.

This post is a great one! Enjoyed reading about your adventures (would love to try a Zumba class) and admired your digital layouts as usual. Enjoy your summer with your family! (Ooooh and I've been swimming with the girls at the city pool, cold when you jump in, but nice and comfy when you swim around). *Ü*

Jana Morton said...

I had to come and check on you to see what you have been up to. I'm glad that you are all doing well. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

So you're doing Zumba! You are really good about staying active. I'm not at all. Love your LOs, especially the one from China when you got your little girl!

Never say Never!

Well, here I am creating my very own blog! I was always very sure I would never get into this blogging "thing", but here I am. I hope you will enjoy finding out a little about my not so interesting life!