Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I try....

...but I just seem to be unable to keep this blog current! Then it's playing catch-up and takes a lot of time. My own fault!

Well, Zumba is still a lot of fun, my hips seem to move a little bit easier :) Gabrielle is really good at it, but hey, she's a teenager.

There is a lot of drama going on at Karate right now, I'd rather not get into it. We lost our instructor, at least for a while.... I sure hope it's not going to be permanent!

Last Saturday we took a trip to the Zoo, which was really fun. It was an overcast day and yet the parking lot was packed! It had been a few years since we last went. This time I bought a season pass for the family, it was only $20 more than the admission would have been, so we only have to go one other time to make the money back and it's good a whole year. The kids enjoyed it, but I really want to go again and have a little more time!



for some reason I am not able to upload more photos here so this will have to do for now...

Sunday was hubby's birthday, we didn't do anything special, just hung out and gave him his presents.

I finally booked our vacation to Myrtle Beach, I found a Hotel site with 3 bedrooms, so Gabrielle won't have to sleep on the couch anymore. There is a large kitchen and it's ocean front, so it should be nice. I am looking forward to it, although I dread the drive down there! We have to pack half the house too. At least this place has a restaurant in case we don't want to cook or make breakfast. Gabrielle wants to bring her friend since this time we have lots of room, I don't know how good an idea this is. I would like for her to have a friend with her, but what about the others? Plus I have a feeling that we won't see much of her the whole week... We'll see. Her parents weren't too keen on it anyway, I'll talk to her Dad.

Our deck is almost done, thank heavens. They just have to finish staining it this afternoon and we should be good. Looks like the kitchen has to be put off until fall, I haven't heard from the master for a while.

Well, not much else going on, other than running around for appointments as usual. Rachel got some red streaks in her hair, she was thrilled! She really wanted her whole head red, but that is not going to happen under my watch :)

Here are a few pages I finished, not a lot...


here you can see the hair :)



this one I will put in a shadow box for my wall. I want to make one for the girls, a little different, but each for a shadow box frame. I think they would make nice Christmas gifts. All I did here is use a bunch of upside down clips in an orderly fashion and then I added a bunch of tags and other fun things you would usually put on a board like that, plus a few photos in b/w, so it wouldn't be too busy. I rather like the effect.


As always, the credits for all the pages can be found in my gallery (get the link on the right)

Well, that's it for today, have a great day and a wonderful 4th!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Love reading your blog, Anke!! So family!! Even getting the reservations for your trip is fun. At least you are getting ready to go!! I am with you. One friend to come along? What about the others. Oh boy!! Could be a problem!

I love the zoo. It is really expensive here and a season pass is higher than an extra $20. That was a real deal!!

I do like Rachel's red streaks but I am afraid I am with you. Not all red. Keep it simple!!

Happy birthday to you DH!! A day at home can be a very nice day!!!

Hope all goes well for you at Karate!! Why are there always problems??

Never say Never!

Well, here I am creating my very own blog! I was always very sure I would never get into this blogging "thing", but here I am. I hope you will enjoy finding out a little about my not so interesting life!