Thursday, May 5, 2011

Take Two and beyond

Poor things, the second performance was so much better but so much worse attended. They really did a good job and I got to take some pictures back stage during the intermission.









Well, as much as I liked it, I am glad it's over, Rachel has her afternoons back!

I went back to Karate a couple of times this week, I really need to get back into the groove. We are doing testing stuff right now, which is my favorite thing, so I am happy. In between I go run, although with the weather we have had, I haven't gone in days! We really need to get that treadmill. We can't use the HS gym until after 5 PM, so that doesn't give me much time if I want to go to karate. It would be so much easier to do it in the mornings. Gabrielle has a tough time, she hardly gets to go at all with all the homework and studying she needs to do. There is no way she can hit the tournament this year. Too bad things aren't a bit easier for her, but school has to come first!

Today we finally have some sunshine after days of rain and cold temperatures. It's May for crying out loud! I need some warmth!

Today I bought a little bench for the studio. I have had my eye on it for a while, good thing I waited, she lowered the price quite a bit, so I grabbed it. It's painted blue and white which is cute and I can always change the color if I want. I just need to clean it before taking it down there.

Yesterday I went to my first camera club meeting. I joined last year, but never made it to the meetings, since they always fall on a Wednesday (major karate day) I decided to do karate on Thursday those weeks, so it's going to work out okay. They actually show some instructional video before the meeting, of course I didn't know that so I missed most of it, dang! It was good stuff too! Next time I will know better. 

I did a couple of pages done...







I should make a couple of pages of the performance too, there are so many pictures, I need to use them...

Next coming up is piano testing and then the recital in June. There is always something going on they have to work for... keeps them on their toes I guess.

Today I had a root canal done. It really wasn't bad at all. I have to go back in a few weeks to put the permanent filler in. That guy knew how to stick the needles in,  I hardly felt a thing. The numbness is finally gone and I have just a little pain. There was a lot of infection going on, so I had to go back on Amoxicillin for a week. Better be safe than sorry!

Well, not much else going on around here, I have to get busy starting dinner!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Wow! What great photos of Rachel and her cast!! She sure looks like a real performer. Her makeup was just perfect!!!

Sorry about the root canal. I didn't have much pain with mine, either. Watch out for too much pain. I had had infection, too, and the pain got so bad I finally called the dentist. He had me come in and said every now and again there is pressure from within due to the infection and it can literally blow the top of the tooth off. He just opened it up and put in some med and it took care of it!!

Glad you are all keeping busy!!! LOL

Never say Never!

Well, here I am creating my very own blog! I was always very sure I would never get into this blogging "thing", but here I am. I hope you will enjoy finding out a little about my not so interesting life!