Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day and more

Well, it's over. I got my dozen roses and candy and dinner out, which was great! I need all the holidays to be over with already though. I can't have all this candy around anymore. WE go from one to the next and my belly is growing with it... I must say that the best gift on Mother's Day was a note from Rachel on FB. At least she made an effort to create something. She also did a drawing of a picture of me from some years back, so cute! Here is the page I made about the poem :)

Gabrielle got me chocolate covered strawberries, which I love (but more fat :))
Well, I bought myself a pair of good running shoes and will get back out there. The sun has finally made an appearance around here, my porch is nice and clean, shiny tiles and all, I love it! Now I am looking around and I don't know where to start. There is so much to be done, shrubs to be trimmed, weeds to be pulled, basic clean-ups and more. That's the one part about summer I don't like, all I see is the work that needs to be done LOL. But, boy, does the sun make one feel better all around!
I had cafeteria duty this morning, I help out occasionally with the food line. I actually enjoy that, it's so nice to see the kids during their school day. Of course Rachel needed money right away, since they were having  the book fair today. They really need more books :) That's one thing they always buy when we go to the Mall.

Last night I took a couple of pics at the Chinese restaurant. They have this large fish tank dividing two rooms and I got the girls looking at the fish :)



that place is fun!

I got a few new backdrops the other day, I can't wait to put them up and see what they will look like. I got a bunch of frames and had some of my photos printed, all for the studio walls. I think they came out nice, I can't wait to see them on the wall. Which means that I better get busy doing something other than sitting at the computer, right? :)

Oh yes, if you are on FB, don't, I repeat don't start playing Gardens of Time. It is way too addictive, trust me, you won't be able to step away from the computer. I always thought people were crazy when they sent me those requests from Farmville, now I can see how it can happen.... I need to get a grip and just walk away LOL.

Okay, pages....





a lot of pink this week, it's the new kits, they all had those amazing colors in them. And then of course the play kind of dictated these colors.... I sent some of the photos  to the parents, some I didn't get the email yet. I figured they would enjoy them, some of them came out pretty nice!

Well. I think I decided to start with the weeds out front, so I better get moving! Have a marvelous day!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Drat. I had my post written. Hit post and got an error message. So now I can do it all again.

Glad your family treated you so wonderfully!! Love hearing about that.

So glad the sun is finally shining for you. Personally, it is already too hot here. It is 85 right now and was about there when we walked the dog this morning. Ugh! But all in all, better than the cold.

Can't wait to see your pics on the walls. Be sure to post pics along with your new backdrops!!!

Keep running. I am waiting for your first marathon.

Terry said...

when you finish with your yard, come over and do mine. :)

You are one busy lady. sounds like you had such a great Mother's Day.

Never say Never!

Well, here I am creating my very own blog! I was always very sure I would never get into this blogging "thing", but here I am. I hope you will enjoy finding out a little about my not so interesting life!