Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A prayer

Today hubby is going for his carotid artery studies and needless to say he is quite nervous about the outcome. I just hope they will be okay and he won't have another worry added. Please say a prayer if you have a chance, even retroactively. Thanks guys!!!
Halloween is over, yeah! All the costume angst can be put behind us until next year. I couldn't even go to the school for the parade this year, I had my hair appointment scheduled a long time ago and they are really hard to change. Saturday was trick or treating night and then the party at our neighbors, which they have every year. They transform their garage into a haunted house and it's pretty good. Rachel went through it with me for the first time this year and she had a death grip on my shoulders. Not that she was afraid of clowns or anything, never! She only watched the movie IT and was terrified of them. She was glad after she went through it though!
I got an email for a sale at Shutterfly, so I decided to use the coupon to make a book with all the nature pages I had done in the past. Man, that was not as easy as I thought it would be. It took me two days to compile them all and get them into some kind of arrangement that would work colorwise and season wise. Here is the link if you want to look at it, it's really nothing special, doesn't flow like a regular composed book would, but I finally will have all those pages in one place (until I make more :))
http://community.shutterfly.com/gallery/post/start.sfly?postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDJgwbOGDdswbAJcE_1I
Since I was MIA for the last two days in the gallery at DD I had to spend an hour just flying through it this morning. I hate it when I don't have the time to leave comments, it takes so long to catch up...

Michael is going for his Black Belt test this Sunday. Since it starts at 8 in the morning and it's almost 2 hours away I am still trying to decide whether to go early in the morning or get a room and stay there overnight. What a pain. We have gone through this too many times for it to have any excitement left. He is nervous though, for him it's a big day. I intend to take a lot of pictures.

I haven't made a page since Saturday, that feels awful. I really enjoy that daily creativity, don't know why. Sometimes life can get in the way though, I don't know that today will be much better, with all this catching up now. Piano later and once the kids are home, they want attention. Just called hubby to give him some encouragement, he is getting ready to get this scan done. Since he is doing it between making rounds etc. he didn't want me to come with him.... We will soon know more.

Here are the few pages I got done


These can all be found in my Designer digitals gallery as usual...

and this one for PixelCanvas


I think that site is down again this morning, I tried to get on but couldn't

Well, like I said before, we have a busy month coming up, weddings, testings, appointments and then the holidays, yikes, my head is spinning already!

By the way, if you didn't know yet, Designer Digitals is having their quarterly sale starting this Thursday. Everything is going to be 30% off and Saturday is a whole day of chats with freebies. I will be in and out that day, so I will probably miss a lot of it, but they are such fun! I hope you'll have a chance to stop by!
Jessica Sprague has a free class for the end of this year, go sign up for it, it sounds like fun... I still have to catch up with the classes at Debbie Hodge's, I still didn't finish Pattie's class and she has such great little tricks in there, better get busy here LOL.
Have a wonderful Tuesday everybody!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I hope the results of the scan were positive!

For someone who is as busy as you are, I'm amazed that you were able to create so many layouts! I got a good giggle over the Go Away one, and the others are just plain neat.

Good luck getting through this upcoming busy season!!

jeanne said...

Prayers for good test results for Phil. Let us know.

Anonymous said...

Anke - I love your nature album. Thanks for sharing the link. It may not be "composed" according to your standards, but it is magnificent. What beautiful layouts and photos.

flowersgal

Never say Never!

Well, here I am creating my very own blog! I was always very sure I would never get into this blogging "thing", but here I am. I hope you will enjoy finding out a little about my not so interesting life!