Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Today is the day

Phil had the Echo done today. He just called me a little while ago. He definitely has leakage around the valve but the cardiologist thinks it has something to do with him having Mitral Valve Prolapse to begin with. Sooo, the hope is that the valve can be fixed and won't have to be replaced. We won't know though until the surgeon goes in there to look. He seems to be okay with it, he expected that if not worse. Now the cardiologist will send the pictures to Pittsburgh to be looked over by the Dr. he knows who would assumably do the surgery. More waiting...he said there is no immediate urgency, so we'll just settle back and wait. His doc said that he would be off for about 3 1/2 weeks if he pushed it after surgery. Of course Phil is concerned about the loss of income and losing his patients if he is off too long. So we'll see what happens.

Right now I am sitting at the piano teacher's home waiting for the kids lessons to be done. It's a perfect time for me to scrap or do this. I just finished a page for PixelCanvas, I really like all their new stuff, the girls are so darn talented.

2009-6-30-PC-slow-down

Isn't Michael just too cute on his little skateboard?

I also did a couple of 365 pages. I am caught up to last week now, yeah! I tried a different format again, Katie has this stack of  templates and some of them are perfect for 7 days.

Project-365-week-25

I like how the 2 pages look together, not exactly the same, but similar. I think this will work.

Some other stuff

2009-6-28-DD-Screenplay 2009-6-30-DD-total-cuteness

Credits can be found in my gallery, see the link on the right!

It's still chilly here, it doesn't even seem like summer! It's already July and it doesn't seem that summer has even arrived. At least the guys finally put my solar cover out, so that I won't lose the last bit of heat I still have in the water, since my heater still doesn't work. My cleaning lady is on vacation, so it's scrubbing the house too, yuck! Not that I drive myself crazy with the cleaning, but some things just have to be done. The floors look disgusting, so I had to start on them. I need to put the kids to work a little more...

I made an appointment with the chiropractor today, I'll try it one more time and then I'll just give up. The PT just doesn't seem to do anything and they don't seem to know what to do with me anymore. My muscles are pulling into spasms, why? There has to be a reason and the stim and the heat only help for a little while. I can do stretching by myself.

Okay, that's it for now...

5 comments:

see me said...

It seems all th people around me are ahving back or pain troubles. My sister is currenty off work because of her back- great for me being home and having this time with her but a pain( in more ways than one) for her. She has been seeing an osteopath as well as a chiropractor. The osteopath deals with the muscle component so perhaps that may help you.
Hope all settles down in the health area and like you NYC is wishing summer would make an appearance.
I'm home in the cool in Australia.

latz said...

Keep us informed about Phil--I imagine the waiting is the tough part. I will keep your family in my prayers. The new Pixel Canvas stuff is cute. And I do like the look of your 365 pages--great job keeping up with that. I'm still on track with my "52" (one a week) which is more my speed.

Terry said...

Glad to hear the news about Phil. Don't worry about it Anke--God is in control.

Not summer there? Want some heat? I'll send it right over. Been at least 104 every day here.

Carol said...

I am keeping Phil in my thoughts and prayers. You guys have certainly had a tough year.

I am amazed you did these pages while at the piano teachers place, I have never really thought to pull out the computer (or maybe I am not organised enough to take it lol).

Yummers! said...

I just found your blog on Debbie Hodge's list. Thanks for the info on Debbie... signed up for a class that begins tomorrow. Thanks for guiding me there!!

My prayers are with Phil and your family.

Joni

Never say Never!

Well, here I am creating my very own blog! I was always very sure I would never get into this blogging "thing", but here I am. I hope you will enjoy finding out a little about my not so interesting life!