Wednesday, February 15, 2012

of teeth and feasts :)

Phil had to have a tooth removed on Monday, it was done with conscious sedation and it all went well of course. Funny to see him afterward, kind of gives you an idea of what they will be like when they are old and feeble minded LOL. It was too funny! Anyway, we got over that hurdle well.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day of course and we got our red roses. I got a bunch, the girls got a single one with a little teddy and Michael got a football cup filled with candy, plus I got each of them chocolates, so they have nothing to complain about :) Gabrielle met with Riley and they went to dinner with his Mom. He gave her this cute teddy and adorable necklace, way too much! He is such a good kid, first love!! I am not looking forward to the heartbreak of the first breakup.

Today is my oldest sister's birthday, she turned 71! How can that even be???? I just got off the phone, I talked to her, my brother and my youngest sister, it's so good to hear their voices again. She was bugging me about coming for the class reunion that's being organized, it sure is tempting, but really hard....

I was just thinking how nice it is to have these few morning hours all to myself, but only because I know the crowd is going to be back later. How I would miss them if they weren't! I don't do change well I suppose, I am so dreading them going away to school in the future. And then hubby retiring, he'll be around all the time, yikes!!! I might have to get a job :)

Last week I found my little lovebird dead in his cage, that truly threw me for a loop! I was really attached to that little bugger, he would sit on my shoulder and give me kisses, I so miss him! He was dang cute!

I am all caught up with my weekly pages


and some more pages







I am trying to use the not-so-good photos I have also, they usually have a cute story that I want to remember, even if the picture is not that stellar. After all, that's what it's all about, right?

It's so funny, while I am here typing this I am chatting with an old friend in Germany, I am loving this communication bit we have today, the world is getting smaller all the time :)

Well, I am going to make myself a turkey sandwich and check on my Words with Friends (scrabble via iphone). Have a great day!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Hi Anke,

Thanks for the wonderful update. I'm sorry to hear about your bird, though. sniff, sniff. It sounds like life is treating you well and you are capturing the memories wonderfully in your layouts. Thanks for sharing!!

Never say Never!

Well, here I am creating my very own blog! I was always very sure I would never get into this blogging "thing", but here I am. I hope you will enjoy finding out a little about my not so interesting life!