Saturday, October 27, 2012

Gone and back...


Gone and back already. The kids did quite well without us for a few days and it was good to get away, just the two of us for a change. Being able to stay at Fred's house was such an advantage and the closing went well. The weather was nice, we even got to go to the beach. There were still a few diehards in the water, I wasn't quite that adventurous, but just being near the ocean was wonderful! I feel like I know the area a little better already, it's easier to find my way around and still I am finding a lot of neat things to see. We found this cool cemetery right off the main road, ancient tombstones....


the whole city is just really cool. We had some great meals (and since there were only the two of us, it was a lot less expensive too :)), saw a bunch of tourists, did a lot of walking and had a good time. Some day maybe we will get to live down there, but for now it will be a rental property. In fact the owners are still renting from us for now until they find a new home. Oh I forgot that I got two speeding tickets on the way down, not one, TWO!!! I couldn't even believe it! All that because of those stupid trucks that are impossible to get away from. At least the first one didn't carry any points and I am working on the second one... :)

Now it's back to normal around here, I had a lot of catching up to do on my pages and everything else. The house really wasn't bad, Gabrielle did a great job keeping everything neat and she did a lot of cooking. I just finished the last meatball she made, yumm! I should put her on cooking duty more often :)

Our life is back to running around for appointments, performances, school events, looking for colleges, working on SAT improvements and all the other good stuff that comes with raising kids, it never ends! At least I still have time to do some scrapping and keep up with the gallery...









they are all a little mixed up, but who cares.
I am currently up to date with my PL pages as well, yay!!!






I think it's a very rewarding project, even if it can be a pain to keep up with at times. I am looking forward to going through the pages a few years from now, enjoying the memories!

Well, time to get back to doing laundry etc etc... :)


2 comments:

Terry said...

I thought the house was going to be a vacation place. I say tell your husband to move with you down there and start a new practice. You will love it there!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a charming place to be........you'll certainly enjoy vacay times until you make the move! 2 speeding tickets...ouch!

Never say Never!

Well, here I am creating my very own blog! I was always very sure I would never get into this blogging "thing", but here I am. I hope you will enjoy finding out a little about my not so interesting life!